CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Preparatory Curriculum- Alphabet Intro Week

My boys are really getting anxious for school to begin. I have decided while I am still planning the first month's curriculum details and the year at a glance, I will begin with them tomorrow starting homeschooling with an introduction to the Alphabet. This will be the beginning for my little doodlebug Ian who is starting preschool. For my doodlebug Jayden, this will be his week of review.
Here is our Plan for our 1st Day Monday:

Calendar time and Alphabet song
Reading: 

  • Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault and watch the animated story on You Tube
  • Dr. Seuss's ABC
  • The Alphabet Book by P.D. Eastman
  • Curious George Learns the Alphabet by H.A.Rey
Activity: 
  • Alphabet Scavenger Indoor Hunt: I have these magnetic plastic letters that I plan to hide around the house. I will have a master list and each time a letter is found, I will check it off the master list. I will be hiding letter "C" by the couch, a letter "A" by an apple on the table and "D" by the door etc.







  • Alphabet Snacks


Breakfast: Alphabits Cereal
Morning Snack: Jell-O Jiggers shaped like Alphabet
Lunch: Crackers/cheese, Alphabet Soup
Afternoon snack: Animal Crackers
Video
Blue's Clues ABC"s and 123's
Activity:
Make an alphabet Turkey craft (I will post instruction on this tomorrow)
Make a mini-lap Chicka Chicka Boom Boom lap book
HERE







1 comment: