CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

DIY I am a Promise Book Ends


SHOW AND TELL TIME! 

I am setting up my boys homeschool right now and into the FUN stuff...decorating etc. Today I made bookends. I will be having Bible time as part of our curriculum and we have a special Children's Bible and Chrildren's Bible song book that Grandma and Grandpa gave them that we want to display with these special bookends =D. 

For the title and paper piecings I used digital files from little Scraps of Heaven Designs "I am a Promise Boy" HERE and the "I am a Promise Girl" set HERE

I used this cardboard box to create the bookend base


My boys LOVE to paint and so I thought I would let them be included on decorating their homeschool area. I told them that I needed these painted to help glue my cardstock to it =D




After I enclosed the bookend using a glue gun to seal it I left a little opening to pour in rice to make it a weight...then glued the opening.



I used paper from the Scrapbooking Company Cosmo Cricket's Mr. Campy Collection to cover the bookends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment